Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A bit of sunshine

This morning I was quite pleased to see that Don't Drool on the Wool has been nominated for the Sunshine Award by Evelyn form Project:Stash! I love her blog <3
I'll be honest: I'm not entirely sure what this Sunshine Award is exactly, but it does mean that my small and infrequent blogging brightens someone's day. And that makes me smile. ^_^ 

Also I feel kind of bad about doing this post when I totally let another blog award slip past me a few months back! The lovely Omlair and Shannon nominated me for the Versatile blogger award, but (shhh) I secretly know that I'm not a versatile blogger and that I tend to follow non-versatile blogs as well... So I kept putting that one off for that reason, and also because a lot of my favorite blogs had already been nominated and I didn't want to sort of haunt them in a chain mail reaction of nominations! Whew. So I'm glad I can thank everyone, EVERYONE! All the people who read and comment and make my day and share stories and experiences. Maybe my blog isn't versatile enough- out of 300 I can count on my hands the number of non-knitting posts I have done- but the blogging community sure does brighten my day and I am soo glad to be a part of it.



On to the Sunshine Award Rules
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
 
~~~~THANK YOU EVELYN!!~~~
You are awesome, and I loooove reading your blog. ^_^


2. Answer the 10 questions on your favourite things.


  1. Favourite animal: Giraffes (((Love))) [Vyvyan is here and he says his is a monkey.]
  2. Favourite number: 2. It's the loneliest number since the number 1.
  3. Favourite non-alcoholic drink: WATER!!! I tote my 22oz cup around everywhere; it's always full of ice water. [Vyvyan thinks it's my sippy cup]
  4. Facebook or Twitter: Facebook. I don't really "get" twitter. Still. I know, I know, I'm a dinosaur. Also, I still don't have timeline. hahahah
  5. My passion: Knitting. It's still a passion; I swear it's not an obsession.
  6. Getting or giving: (wince) Ok OK OK OK OKAY I admit it, I'm a giver but I love getting!! 
  7. Favourite Pattern:This is impossible. But I love this horse. If I have the patience and stamina to knit the same pattern more than once, then I must love the pattern. Right? I've made 2 of these horses and I keep thinking it's time for another...
  8. Favourite day of the week: Monday. I love that everyone goes to work and I get the house to myself. Also, I LOOoOoOooooOoOove Modification Monday over at Knitted Bliss. ^_^
  9. Favourite flower: I'm a gemini so I'm picking 2 favorites: Pansies because they double as an insult and Daisies because they are sooooo friggin pretty.
  10. Favourite country: Meow... Well I've only really been in 2: Canada and the US. It doesn't seem fair to pick the one I live in just because I live in it, but the US is where California is, and I absolutely love California. But of far-off places I haven't been to YET but love looking at pictures of and imagine myself some day visiting? Ireland. 
   
3. Nominate 10 blogs to receive the Sunshine Award and let them know they've been nominated.

This is the part I find kind of hard, because I don't know who already has gotten it or whatever but since it's just such a happy thought: Sunshine! I'll just pick 10 bloggers I loove following. If you've ever seen the list of blogs I follow you'll see that I read QUITE a few of them! haha

1) Shannon of A Life Flexible


2) Suzanne of Crea in the City 


3) Leslie of A Friend to Knit With


4) Shelli of Mrs. Murray Knits


5) Helen of Golden Apples


6) Nanette of Knitting in Color


7) Abby of Everywhere Knits


8) Deborah of Caffienegirlknits


9) Julie of Knitted Bliss


10) Vicki of It's a Good Place to Knit

And that's my bit of sunshine. <3

I just went and 'alerted' all the people I nominated and I just want to add a few words for them: I am so happy every time I get an update on my blog feed from you guys. As I commented that I nominated you, I realized that for a lot of blogs it has been a long time since I commented. Even if I read every post. It probably seems like I'm a stranger! But you've been talking, and I have been listening.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I love your blog and now have 10 new blogs to follow as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥