Sunday, August 19, 2012

Short update

This no camera/no phone thing is getting to me...

I want to share with you my new textured swatch, and the pattern I'm thinking of knitting next. I have been reading through Patterns for Guernseys, Jersys & Arans and I find myself drifting in the knit/purl panel direction. It wouldn't be a true Guernsey because I am not keen on knitting underarm gussets, but the look would be similar.

I'm using Paton's Classic Wool in "Jade Heather," and size 4 needles. I want it to be tightly knit to reflect that era, but I am skipping the high neckline in favor of, perhaps, a scoop neck, and substituting set-in sleeves for the drop shoulder technique.

I expect to have a lot of fun knitting this sweater- I'm sorry to say it's not a personal design but a sampler taken from the pages of Knitting in the Old Way. Unfortunately the pattern is not on Ravelry already so I can't even direct you to a picture in that way, but there is a photo here that is quite similar if not identical.

But alas no pictures of my beautiful swatch at all.... instead I will assure you that I am still working on Cardigan X in spite of my recent Guernsey fever, and that both sleeves and 5 inches of the body are complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting ♥