Saturday, September 4, 2021

Home Sweet Home

 We are slowly getting our new place in some kind of order. This was the hardest move I've ever taken part in. We moved from a home which had been in my husband's family since 1947. There was so much JUNK there; stuff that I would consider junk but which others of course would consider treasure. It all came with us. I haven't had a chance to knit or crochet, and I've been missing it. Yesterday I picked up my crochet hook for the first time during this whole move and worked up a little swatch.


I had purchased this yarn to knit up a Chalkney Cardigan, but I may in fact make a Habitat Cardigan instead. The two main reasons for the switch are that 1) it seems a lot easier and I haven't had a lot of time for complex work and 2) I have quite a few knit sweaters and only 1 crocheted

My gauge swatch is worked on 19 sts but I can't actually measure it because I'm in the middle of moving and everything is everywhere... I'd say it's probably about 6". It might be time to make a trip to Walmart and pick up a tape measure. (To add to my giant collection, once I find it)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting ♥