Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Mom's Birthday Vest Nearing Completion...

Here I am modeling Mom's nearly finished vest.
I knit it exactly to pattern, and it seemed like it would be too small which was disconcerting because it's not wool yarn. (Thanks to Mom's various felting disasters, she no longer gets wool presents.)
Amazingly, wet blocking fixed the problem so that it will fit her perfectly.
Only two things left to do before I can wrap this gift up and send it on its way: Sew on the buttons, and seam a few inches of the armhole.
The pattern doesn't ask that you seam up a few inches, but I think it's necessary to prevent front gaping and wind coming in at the armhole!
I hope she loves it! I should have pictures of it completed by Friday.
Happy Knitting!

5 comments:

  1. It looks lovely, glad the blocking solved the fit issues

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing missing from this post is an accurate account of the panicking that occured before realising blocking it had worked ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I actually did a longer post but blogger ate it!

      Delete
  3. The cabling on this vest is very nice! a beautiful gift!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥