Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Holden #2

I made my first holden back in 2012. It was a lot of fun, and a beautiful piece that I wear a lot. Since then I've been hankering to make another one. I recently found out that the pattern-previously free- is now for sale for $6.00! True, the designer has added a few sizes to the pattern which is great, but luckily I still had my free copy floating around on my hard drive!
I cast on with some of Debbie Macomber's Petals Socks- an incredibly soft angora blend I purchased on a trip to Monterey last year. The yarn was.... a hot mess. It shed EVERYWHERE as I knit with it and continually got tangled in the skein. I pretty much had to fight with it the entire time. But still, the shawl came out beautifully and now it's blocking.

I moved recently so I didn't have my blocking pins or even a mat! Boo.
I just know this will be added to my wardrobe quite often on chilly days. It's so soft and such a beautiful shade of purple!
What was really great about knitting this was that I started it a few months ago, progressed to the lace portion and then tired of it for some reason. So I got the feeling of a completed object in just the amount of time it took to knit half of the lace! Maybe I should hunt though and finish up some more of those old lingering projects, huh?

1 comment:

  1. Well, if you have more WIPs like your Holden hiding in corners and baskets, you must take them out and finish them! Your shawl is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥