Friday, January 20, 2012

FO Friday

This week, I finished a few pairs of mittens you (probably) already know about. I already posted pictures of the mouse mittens but I thought I'd try to get a modeled picture of the baby raccoons.

My son, desperately ripping the mittens off his hands.
Yeah that didn't happen. Meanwhile, the foxes are in a half-done state, because I don't like knitting with the 100% acrylic. So that's the mitten progress. Some bears are next, for those who are wondering.

I also cast on AND bound off this little monster on the 16th. I used the leftovers from the contrasting color of Toothy Joe.
Before.
For a minute there I was worried I was going to run out of yarn, and thought I'd have to skip the ears altogether. I'm glad I didn't, though, because the ears really add to his personality.
After.
Though, I guess technically it's a girl? The pattern is Gabby the Garden Monster, from the Big Book of Knitted Monsters I got for Christmas.

For my last finished object of the week, I finally completed the second sock out of the Opal sock yarn I got at Purlescense yarns in Sunnyvale. After an unfortunate incident with a banana, (I will not recount it here) I had to start the second sock over once. While I was at it, I re-wound the ball to reverse the colors. I quite like them.
The colorway is 5147, Joan d'Arc. I was very pleased with the colors, but not with the texture. At least before washing, the socks feel scratchy and not very soft at all. Also, I generally knit 64 stitch socks on size 2's and it gives me a good-fitting sock. With this yarn, however, my socks came out quite loose. I think I could have gone down to a 0, and even then I could have dropped the stitch count to 60.


As always, check out more FO's at Tami's Amis.

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love your idea to rewind the ball to reverse the colours, so cool. But then, I do like mismatching but coordinating socks ;)

    The monster is so cute. I have that book but still haven't got around to making anything from it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute FOs! Hmm, bananas and WIPs don't mix well, eh? At least you finished them! Love your blog title too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo cute! ANd I love the monters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The raccoon mittens are so adorable! Your monster is precious, ears and all. Makes me want to cast on for one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥