Friday, May 6, 2011

My first Shawl


Multomah Shawl. Free pattern here
I adored this pattern. I started with 100 grams of Inca Sportlace that I got at Tuesday Morning for $7.49. I was worried about running out of yarn, since there was only about 375 yards in the skein. I had started the project because I wanted to use up some stash yarn, and I didn't want to have to run out to the store again for more yarn just for the bind off row or something.
Luckily, I didn't have to worry. I had about a walnut sized ball leftover and the shaw turned out beautifully.
Haven't gotten decent pictures of it after blocking, but I will soon.
This was my first:
Shawl
Lacy pattern that didn't suck
Blocking experience

Love love loved it, and I'm making a new one soon, out of Ulmo Multy I got for 2 bucks a pop at Tuesday Morning in April.

I still have 3 or 4 balls of Inca Sportlace left, but I think they're going to turn into some fingerless gloves. Socks are out of the question. The stuff felts easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting ♥