Wednesday, October 19, 2011

WOTA progress

Dear WOTA sweater,
I am so sorry for the letter I am about to write. I know that when I started on you, back in July, it must have seemed like the perfect relationship. After I wound all of your white balls into skeins and dyed them each a different cheerful color, it must have seemed like a match made in heaven. And I cast on and worked for a good while on your neck and yoke; I know I was putting out some sure signals that I was ready to settle down.
Alas, I was not ready. And I cast you aside, leaving you and your good wool in a $1 tote from Jo-Anns. I didn't look back at you for months. At least I didn't steal back the needles, like I did with the garter stitch shawl you were next to. I'm sure you and she had a great long talk about what a wanton knitter I am.
And then last night, I came back to you. And we made some real progress.
That is why I'm so sorry for what I'm about to say.
I got a package in the mail today, darling WOTA sweater.
Now, finally all those skeins of luscious yarn that have been tucked away in my stash have an opportunity to show me what they're made of.
And now I'm planning shawls, and sweaters, and socks, and so much more. And you? Well, I'm sorry. I really am. You're at such a boring part. All your rows are far too long, and until I separate for the sleeves, I know I can't possibly enjoy you.
Farewell for now,
dear sweater.
You will always have a special place in my heart.
Right next to the garter stitch shawl.
Love, Best Regards,
Cecilia

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new tools. Now getting cranky is productive. I love yourWOTA sweater. Would it be a capelet if you made a border and bound off? Do you want a capelet? Are you capable? Nevermind, it's going to be a wonderful sweater, just not yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you look so close to finishing your sweater ... are you sure you don't have just a little more love and energy for it before moving onto your new luscious yarns and projects?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥