Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Frog Pond

Wear the Wild Things Are
I made this sweater back in May. It was a really fast knit because I doubled the yarn. It was also really heavy. And really ugly. And seamed terribly. I tried really hard to like it. I even wore it around the house a few times- even though it fit my boyfriend who's a good 40 pounds heavier than me, if not more. It was really warm, I can say that much, but in California it's not a heavy wool sweater you need. Like, EVER.
So today, while watching old Doctor Who episodes, I carefully unpicked all my miserable seams and started unraveling.
That's a lot of yarn.

Unfortunately, before I can count this yarn as usable I have to unravel each of those balls. Since, remember? I doubled the yarn up. Then after I make each of the above balls of yarn into TWO balls of yarn I have to make each of those into skeins so I can wash them and be rid of the kinks.
So much work ahead of me.
But I decided I'd go ahead and pay myself for this job.
In what, you ask?
In white yarn.

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of yarn! Good thing for Doctor Who episodes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Thank you for your comment, Eden is just lovely, I am really enjoying being a Mum!
    I will have to get some tips from you on how and when to knit when you have a baby! :)

    Have a great day!

    Kristina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥