Tuesday, October 25, 2011
FO: Christmas Present
I still have to weave in the ends.
I'm amazed it actually fits a human being, actually. I cast on without doing a gauge swatch, didn't plan the colorway at all, and completely did the neck, armhole and shoulder shaping intuitively.
Also, after I did the shaping for the back I moved on to the front and realized that when I split the back from the front I did it unevenly! There were 20 extra stitches to get rid of in the front. 20. That is HUGE, and yet you can't really tell. (Probably because the extra stitches ended up exactly in the bust area, which was extremely lucky.)
By the end of the month I hope to finished 3 other items so I can guiltlessly cast on a new sweater. We'll see how that goes.