Thursday, September 22, 2011

Vlogging means something bad happened, apparently.



Maybe it was just really late at night?

Anyways, I decided to cast on something with it anyways. This shrug has been in my queue for a while but the only suitable yarn I had was the Misti Cotton. Which was black. Which would totally obscure the lacy pattern.

I wondered if maybe it was providence, and I accidentally ordered yellow specifically for this shrug. After all, the stitch pattern kind of reminds me of candle flames, and candle flames are totally yellow.
DUDE! I TOLD YOU IT LOOKS WHITE!!!!
Anyways, unfortunately the yarn is not the color of a flame. At all. In fact, I realized as I was following the pattern, it's the color of a post-it note.
Sigh.
I've already done 2 repeats and haven't finished knitting with the first ball.
The whole shrug only uses 4 repeats of the stitch pattern, and then you just pick up thebody and sleeve ribbing. I doubt I'll get through 3 balls. Let alone all 5....

Seriously, though. Tell me that doesn't look white to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting ♥