Thursday, May 24, 2012

New Project, No Pattern


It seems I am casting on very much and finishing very little....

Newest project is a chunky sweater: I'm holding together 2 strands of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Prints from stash (I'm pretty sure I have enough...) to make a long sleeve sweater with an open rope cable down the center.


This is my first time knitting a sweater from the top-down. I'm totally guessing on everything- I did mean for the neckline to be that open, though. If I had any foresight at all I might have started the cable at a different point, so that the link up didn't land right on top of my boobs. But hopefully it will look okay when all is said and done.

I love knitting without a pattern because not knowing what is going to happen is so fun!

2 comments:

  1. It's looking really cool. I'm totally impressed that this is all on the fly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Embace the mystery ... your sweater is looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥