Saturday, May 19, 2012

Dinosaur Pouch!!!


I admit it: while I was doing the surface crochet I was singing the theme song to Dinosaur Train the entire time. ^_^
I am really happy with the results here, especially since it's the first time I've done any crochet without a pattern! And maybe it wasn't instant gratification, but it was done in one day!
I did a little eyelet detail by skipping stitches and doing double crochets, and made a drawstring out of 112 chains. I was kind of nervous about that because I knew I was going to do one row on those 112 stitches and I usually hate the first row of sc, but this time I worked through the "butt" or bottom loop instead of through the "v" on top, and it was way way easier. I think I'll do all my first rows that way from now on.

I added a little button for the eye, but for all I tried I couldn't find a way to embroider a mouth that looked good. So, mouth-less he shall remain. But Vyvyan likes it, and we put all his dinos in. The best part is?
There's room for more.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, a sweet dinosaur bag for his little dinos! That is a really great job working without a pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh gorgeous dino bag - I can't wait to get that point with my crochet (i'm a newbie), i'm much more comfortable with knitting LOL. I love the little details on your bag like the super cute drawstring. have a great day xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥