Tuesday, March 6, 2012

WIP Wednesday

My beautiful, glorious, wonderful package from Miss Babs arrived on Monday.

Don'tcha love how it looks like a Subway sandwich?
(Yes, I took a mock-bite.)
So now I have a total of 1680 yards of "Luna Granite," which is more than enough for my Cardigan.
And check out the little freebies she threw in. There are 10 yards of "Yummy" in Chocolate, with a note attached saying, "Swatch me!"and a little packet of Eucalan in Grapefruit.

But alas, I cannot cast on for my Calligraphy Cardigan right away because... Well, because I have 2 sweaters on the go (technically three) and I think it would make me cry.

So I have been working steadily on my Vine Yoke Cardigan:
(I'm finally at a point where I don't have to pay attention for a while.)
And I've devoted a good chunk of time to my I Heart Aran:
Much less pink in real life.
I am knitting this one exactly as written. No mods, because it's not for me. I have no idea who it is for, I just really wanted to knit it (don't look at me like that!).
I am working my way through the front right now. ^_^

Funny story: I was knitting this in public when I suddenly realized I didn't bring a tape measure with me and I needed to measure it to see if I could start the armholes yet. After judging it against a piece of paper (there were some looks) and against my body, I eventually decided I just couldn't tell how far along I was and would have to wait until I got home. So then I started thinking: Would it be weird to tattoo a ruler on my leg?

So anyways, that's what I'm working on this week.
See more WIPS with Tamis Amis.

19 comments:

  1. Love the freebies! And both your sweaters look so beautiful so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of the tattooed ruler....now if that won't get looks? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwahahahahaha that tattoo idea made me almost spill my coffee. Nah, I don't think it would be weird:))))
    The cable pattern looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There can never be too many sweaters on the go, can there? Instead of a tattoo, perhaps you can just use a permanent marker when you know you will be out and about :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of a ruler tattoo - genius! Or you could use a piece of scrap yarn that you have pre-measured ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There you go! That's a wonderful idea. I did wonder if, perhaps in time, my tattoo ruler would change in appearance and make for inaccurate measurements. But I think if I were clever enough to remember to measure a piece of yarn, I would be clever enough to carry a tape measure with me. (Since I have at least 10 of them IN MY ROOM.)

      Delete
  6. wow your work is beautiful, the cardigan with the cables is gorgeous - and the colour is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks great! Miss Babs yarn is heavenly. I just cast on sock socks in yummy.
    I think a ruler tattoo on your arm would be easier;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It might be easier and more practical to sew one end of a measuring tape into your traveling project bag. Also I think your sweater is lovely. Perhaps some of the weird looks were just people admiring your lovely knitting. I know I always draw attention when I crochet in public.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only problem is that I have MANY project bag/purses/diaper bags that I carry around. But that's very smart. I think I might just do that. ^_^

      Delete
  9. Maybe you should just measure the span between you belly button and bra line? Actually, measuring and remembering the span between knuckles and the length of your index finger is a cheaper, and less painful, way to go. LOL! Cannot get the image of a ruler on your leg out of my mind. Not that I know what your leg looks like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have measured the length of my hand/fingers before! Once in my college english class I needed to measure my hat before the decreases and was left with no knitting until I got home hours later. So I measured my hands, and tucked away the knowledge. I think every knitter should do that. But for this sweater I needed 14" and didn't trust my hands added up. haha. I had the sweater on the ground and I was like fondling it; people probably thought I was nuts!

      Delete
  10. Not weird, but perhaps not accurate in the long run... I think it's fine to knit without a recipient in mind-- by the time you're done, you'll know who it's for, right?

    Your vine yoke cardigan looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not sure a tattoo is the best idea; I've used paper as well for measuring sometimes folded in half and in half on the short dimension to show me 2.125". Whatever works, right? Absolutely LOVE the I HEART ARAN pattern - it's perfect some yarn I've got in my stash, so I've queued it immediately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really fun! I recommend it ^_^
      Just make sure you have the most recent edition.

      Delete
  12. Love the sweater progress.
    FYI, years ago I measured body parts because I never seem to have a ruler handy. eg tip of index finger to wrist crease 7", index finger 3" forearm 10". Much less painful than tattos :0)
    willow4

    ReplyDelete
  13. New yarn is always exciting! The sweater looks great. I love the cables. I'm pretty sure you'd still get weird looks if you were measuring your knitting on your leg, lol :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥