Saturday, March 10, 2012

Socks

I cast on two new projects yesterday.
And you know what? They're both socks.
I know. I'm crazy. SOCK CRAZY!!!! 0_o

So the first pair is going to be a nice ribbed-for-your-pleasure-sock, and it's made with my favorite sock yarn: Knit One Crochet Too's Crock-O-Dye.
I'm using size 1's for these and I'm pretty sure they're going to be tucked away into the Christmas pile for a good friend. (Even though I totally already want to keep them.)

The second pair is made with my second-favorite sock yarn: Cascade Fixation. I seriously love this yarn and have been meaning to do a review on it. It is so stretchy and totally awesome for anyone with a wool allergy or sensitivity. I knew right away when I found the yarn that I would do stripes, and I was toying with the idea of reversing them somehow when I found the perfect pattern. It's called Love Socks and it's pretty much what I was imagining but even better.
I'm loving it. The colors actually remind me of a flamingo, and then once you add in the heart and the fact that the second sock will have reversed colors... it just sort of adds up to a very Wonderland-esque feel. Which I'm quite fond of. I feel like the Queen of Hearts just now.

And, as I'm sure you can probably tell, no I am not working on my sweater at the moment. Apparently doing cables while watching Doctor Who in failing light isn't a great idea (Who knew?) so my I Heart Aran is sitting in a basket waiting for a bit of frog-and-redo. It's only a few rows, and I have high hopes that it will be done in time for next FO Friday but for now? Socks.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness those Love Socks are super cute! They don't look easy either. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pair of socks are looking incredible. Thanks for the review of Cascade Fixation ... I haven't seen that in my LYS yet so I'll inquire.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥