Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Did you guess pants?

Time to reveal my super secret project!


Yes, every day when I get home from job searching, I've been knitting an inch or two of pant leg. Did you ever really think about how long your legs are? Apparently I never did: these suckers are going on forever!!!

So.
I think this is the final proof that I am actually insane. Yes these are going to be cool pants but... seriously. Who knits pants?
 
I do.
(And this isn't even the only pair I have on the needles.)

Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease- all scraps and leftovers.
Needles: US 5 (3.75mm)
Pattern: Nether garments by Elizabeth Zimmerman. (Kinda. Mostly making it up as I go, because the increases were ALL wrong for me.)


I hope I'll be able to check in sometime again later this week. Hoping to aim for an FO on Friday, but my days have gotten very very busy. I tried to participate in WIP Wednesday as far as reading posts and commenting on a few, but I wish I had more time for it. I guess this is my late WIP Wednesday post haha. As an explanation for why I'm sort of MIA lately on the blogfront, I have been doing job interviews and tomorrow I have orientation for a position at the new Hobby Lobby in town! I'm pretty un-natrually excited. Anyways, for now I think I'll work on the pants a bit more before turning in early for another busy day tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. I will join you in the "wishing I had more time for awesome blogging stuff" club. But yay for a job at a new Hobby Lobby! (I'm a little jealous, I've never been to a Hobby Lobby. They haven't made their way to my part of the suburban wasteland yet.)

    Also, knitted pants? Kind of completely awesome. Especially in those wild stripes you're using. They look like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're braver than I am - I don't think I could tackle pants yet. They are going to be amazing when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, great, great! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wanted to knit those ever since I saw the pattern, but I haven't braved it yet! They're gonna be some awesome pants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, seeing your wonderful pants-in-the-making, I think all of us knitters should tackle a pair of pants at least once! Good luck with Hobby Lobby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pants are wonderfully quirky! I never thought of knitted pants before... Yours are going to look great when they are finished!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥