So I learned how to make granny squares.
But I do have a new cowl, and it does match my crocheted hat:
|so haute!! har har har|
So there is that.Actually, I was planning on adding a bit of white to the cowl as well, so it would be even more matchy-matchy. But then.... I added a row of sc in white and then I thought a nice shell stitch would look neat and well... it didn't. It looked terrible, and of course I didn't think to try it on until after I'd weaved in all the ends and so then I had to unpick it all and rip and ... then I was just sick of the whole thing and called it done!
Then, after digging around on Ravelry for more crochet patterns I finally decided to just deal with the fact that I wanted to cast on something new.
I went to Anna's Yarn Shoppe in Elk Grove (I have made goal this year to buy all my yarn IN PERSON which, so far, has made quite a difference in how much I spend. I would have used stash yarn for this project, but I really wanted to have DK weight and my stash is seriously lacking in DK.) and bought some Berocco Vintage DK for a knit-along I want to participate in.
Since I have already made legwarmers from this pattern, (some cloudy day) I decided to incorporate something new by learning how to knit two at a time.