So..... a few days ago our family found ourselves on the way to get a puppy. This puppy was a long time coming, a lot of discussion, a lot of persuading. Me, personally? Not a big fan of puppies. I like dogs! I LOVE dogs, especially when they're somebody else's dogs. But puppies? Puppies chew, puppies bite, puppies pee and poop on the floor, puppies can't walk on a leash, puppies whine and cry, AND they're a big expense! So, yes the persuading was on the part of the kids and man begging me the mama to please take on another charge.
Puppy we got.
Get it? Archi-wawa?
Now as a little chihuahua mix the little guy is gonna need a sweater. Am I right?? I flipped open my old Stitch N Bitch book and started working on Dog-O-Matic.
This pup's so small that it was difficult to find another pattern that would work! A few hours later and I had my doggie sweater, turtleneck and all. I wish I'd gotten a picture but to sum it up it didn't fit at all.
I had to undo the turtle neck, rip out a few rows at the top and undo the seams for the front to re-position it. Then I had to snip a stitch at the bottom of the front and work downwards for an additional two inches before re-sewing the whole thing.
After the first re-do, it looked much like this:
I snipped a stitch down at the bottom and worked downward decreasing 6 stitches in one row: one at the beginning, one per reverse stockinette stitch panel and one at the end. A row or two later I decreased the 6 middle stitches down to 3, and then did a smaller rib section. It came out a little short, and looked like this:
So I did.
It's still a little short, but it was a fun project all together and I think with this prototype I can do a much better version, in perhaps sock weight yarn so it doesn't overwhelm him.
My model got sleepy and you know, I'm tired too.