So, then, I promised a finished object and here it is.
|Belted Mitts from a lousy pattern (it isn't even on ravelry) and out of hand dyed wool|
|I have to redo the pattern- look how huge they are!|
1) The color- beautifully hand dyed
2) The belt design
3) The yarn (I LOVE patons)
What I didn't like:
1) The pattern was very badly written
2) Sewing the buttons on (I kept doing it lopsided since I had to sew the button onto the belt and onto the mitt at the same time)
3) How wide the mitts turned out
4) The thumb gusset. It increased too quickly and left a very small thumb hole.
Some day I'm going to revamp this pattern and make it user friendly and add a few cute details. ;)
As for the new project with the malabrigo? I'm halfway done.
|commutuer gloves- they still need a button|
|Turns out the yarn looks beautiful with the cables.|
capucine(rav link) because the example project was with a nice multi colored yarn and I thought it would look really nice.
I'm not even going to show you what it looked like on. There's a picture on my ravelry project page if you want to see it on my head. Instead I'll show you how it looks on Vyvyan, since he makes everything cuter.
|Whadd'ya think? Is it enough?|
The finished object is beautiful! And that's even before I add a nice big contrasting button!
I used 3's instead of 4's since I generally knit loose and I ended up with a nice snug mitten.
And maybe when I'm done with these I can finish up the pair of fingerless gloves I chickened out on.