Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Mittens mittens mittens

I bought several skeins of this Big Twist- Twinkle in Mulberry from Joann a while back. I think I was planning to make a sweater for either myself or for my niece. But come Christmas-time I ended up wanting to make a present for my 7-year-old daughter's best friend. I still think I have enough to make a sweater because I used so little for the mittens.


I like how they have just a little sparkle. The pattern is just a basic one I have used for many kid's mittens over the years. I decided to make Chloe a little matching hat as well:

Then a friend of mine posted on Facebook that she was freezing cold. Living on the US East Coast they were getting lots of snow and under 30degree faranheit weather and so I offered to make her some mittens too.

This pattern, Martinique Mittens was 4.50 Euro and well worth it. I am loving how the Patons Classic Wool knits up.

I should have used a smaller needle, though. The pattern calls for a 4 but I thought it called for a 6 and used a 5. (I usually knit looser than others) However, the first mitten (though a wee bit long) does fit well enough that I'm making the second one.

The only problem is that stress & the winter weather is making my psoriatic arthritis act up.
The other night I sat on my bed and put on a movie just to sit there with the four skeins of yarn and my mitten in progress on my lap. Not a stitch worked; it just hurt too much.

Hopefully I can finish them and send them off to Casie Jo sooner than later. :(




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting ♥