Tuesday, November 2, 2021

She's Done, Baby!

 


I'm so pleased to say my Habitat cardigan is complete! This is only the second adult-sized crochet garment I've ever made, and it definitely was an easy project. It took me about 2 weeks to complete.


There are a lot of things I like about this cardigan. I like how it looks on, and the stitch pattern of the main body. I like how the collar rolls around the neckline, and I like the length. But there are also some things I'm not so pleased with. Namely, the yarn itself is not incredibly cozy. The yarn was a closeout sale from Webs, Cloudborn fibers wool bulky naturals and it feels almost coarse. Like, I laid on my bed writing in my journal wearing it and it left an imprint of the stitches on my arms! Definitely never had that problem before.

Also, the fit isn't great. The shrug-like construction of the sweater leads to inhibited arm movement, and it also doesn't wrap all the way around the front of my body. Is it technically wearable? Yes. Am I going to wear it? Also yes. 

But it's not fantastic, and I'm definitely crocheting a new one in the softer acrylic I got at Michaels the other day.
It's really funny, like... As a knitter who used to be a yarn snob, here I am crocheting with acrylics. The heart wants what it wants, and my heart wants washable softness I guess.

Overall, I would recommend the pattern to someone who hasn't made a crochet garment before. It was very easy to complete, and I felt proud of myself when I was done. It's also very very cute. 

I hope you're making time for crafting in your life! Happy knitting !


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting ♥