Tuesday, July 9, 2013
Cardigan Attempt 1
So I've got a sort of idea of what I'm planning on doing with the 100% acrylic I got at work. Searching through Ravelry showed me that there aren't a ton of toddler sized sweaters in bulky yarn, probably for a reason. Maybe it makes them look like oompa loompas, I don't know.
But I've done my swatch, cast on 75 and knit a few rows of garter stitch. To battle garter stitch's propensity toward flaring, I then increased by 10 percent and brought the stitch count up to 82.
I'm knitting the body of the cardi back and forth and will connect sleeves and body for raglan deceases later. Or maybe yoke decreases. Not sure yet- that's the beauty of knitting form the bottom up!
I know I want to add pockets, and may also want to add a hood.
Then again if I don't knit a hood I could work a hat up to go with it.
Then again oompa loompas lose hats.
Then again hats have pom poms and pom poms are hella cute.
Then again I could put a pom pom on the hood if I wanted to.
Then again I hate making pom poms.
So as you can see there's still a lot to think about!
But this yarn works up fast, so I should be knitting the sleeves in no time.