Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dr. Watson Sweater

This sweater is on my needles right now.
After finishing the Central Park Hoodie, I needed something cabled and pretty for when I'm not working on the incredibly boring black stockinette nightmare for my brother. Technically the Central Park Hoodie still isn't done, since I need to sew on a zipper, but I detest sewing intensely so I'm giving myself till the end of the month.
I found the yarn for the Watson sweater at WalMart. I was going to use Patons for it, but I knew that waiting to save up 40 dollars would be too long and I found some "promo fil" 100% polyester for one dollar a ball.
One dollar a ball! I bought 12.
I do wish I were working with wool. The polyester isn't good on such tiny needles. Also I worry about the warmth, but the color is so beautiful that I'm forgiving it everything. It's just an off-white, but it looks great with the cables.
I swatched 3 times and only got gauge with size 3's!

Also, the mittens are done. One is bigger than the other. Like more than an inch bigger. I don't know why or how this happened but the gauge is looser overall as well and it makes me hella mad. I was thinking the difference in gauge might be because one of them was made 2 months earlier and had time to felt up nicely. At any rate the difference is much more noticeable when you're wearing them.
Here they are in all their glory.





Here's the start of my Watson sweater. I can't wait to wear it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting ♥