Wednesday, February 23, 2022

February??

 It is February!


I told myself I would start a knitting podcast, filmed two "episodes" and then realized it takes far more skill than I have. Better off blogging I guess. I just wish I could talk to people in real life who care about my knitting hahahahah


So.

A sweater!


Ugh yes it is for a baby and it is so delightful I can't stand it. The pattern is here and the yarn is Madelinetosh and the baby is not here yet but she will be so snug as a bug in a rug.


Another FO is this little sweater I knitted up


I was actually planning on making a top down raglan for my friend Heather. And I started it and it was good. It was nice. It was growing bigger and bigger and...


Too big.



So then it sat on the needles, because I took offense to it. I considered finishing it up and giving it to my Dad instead. But instead I did not knit. I just did. not. knit.


Finally I frogged the darn thing, and Penelope happened to be right next to me when I did so. She said, "make ME a sweater!" and .... Christmas was already over...I had ended up buying way more of this yarn because of the too big issue... So I did. I made Penelope a sweater.



But oh it needs buttons do I have buttons??



Perfect.


Now I am happily awaiting Stitches West, and today I am casting on a brand new project.

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

  1. Love your projects and I hear you about having a podcast. it takes a crew to do something really professional, though I have seen acouple done by one that keep my attention. I highly recommend you watch "Fruity Knitting", very artistic, beautiful music, the main mama is from Australia though she lives in Germany most of the time. She started it with her lovely and brave husband. After about 4 years, he got cancer and died. All of their followers loved him and grieved with the family. They broadcast the service, the daughter sang a beautiful ballad for her dad, it was covid so not many from his family could come but there were thousands of his fans live broadcast with them. Her college age daughter/model does it with her now, and she is in AUS visiting her super creative family. Really, its a podcast one should aspire to but is also so enjoyable. You can binge because they have about 120 episodes and Andrea (the mom) was a professional musician and produces like an artist with all kinds of guests. And I really enjoy your blog too. We should touch base and see if we can find people to knit/spin/weave/etc together, especially since we live right down the road from each other.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥